Home Care Solutions provides exceptional in-home care services for clients in Tri-Cities and surrounding areas.
- Registered Nurse over-site
- Personal caregivers that cater to your specific needs
- A plan of care customized to your needs based on a professional nursing assessment
We meet all Levels of Care
- Companionship and supervision.
- Running errands, grocery shopping, meal preparation, laundry, housekeeping and pet care.
- Personal assistance with dressing, bathing, personal hygiene and toileting.
- Medication reminders, assistance or administration.
- 24-hour care for clients needing continuous supervision or have total care needs.
- Care for life-threatening illness.
- Assistance with Palliative care and Hospice care.
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s needs.
- Diabetic care/injections, wound management, ostomy and catheter care.
Comprehensive Health Care Services:
- Communication with your primary physician for treatment options and medication management
- Coordination of transportation for doctor appointments
- Peace of mind knowing you have a team of health care professionals working to ensure safety and optimal health
The requirements for special care of our aging loved ones has never been more important. Adult children often serve as caregivers for aging parents. Are you prepared for the role? Caregivers must monitor the health and independence of their aging parents.
Start by evaluating the situation from a caregiver’s perspective.
- Are your parents safe in their home?
- How well are your parents taking care of themselves?
- How are your parents’ spirits?
- Are your parents having difficulty getting around?
- Talk with your parents if you have any concerns about their health or safety.
- Has your parent forgotten to take their medications?
- Has your parent taken too many medications or expressed confusion and what medication to take and when?
- Has your parent had a fall in the last 30 days?
- Has your parent gone to the Emergency Department in the last 30 days?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it is time to be proactive and come up with a plan for care in the future.
Caregivers must also be prepared for an emergency. Compile a list of your parents’ doctors, allergies, medications, surgeries, insurance information and other important details. Discuss long term care, living wills and advance directives.
Caregivers face many challenges. Home Care Solutions is ready to serve you and your family. Our Senior Care, Elder Care and Family Care Services are tailored to meet your unique circumstances. Let us know how we can best help you.
Examples of Respite Care
- Recovery from major surgery
- Relief from caring for loved one with a permanent physical or mental disability
- Care during life-challenging illnesses
- Hospice care
- Vacation relief
- Temporary Senior Care
Respite care has been shown to help sustain family caregiver health and well being, avoid or delay out-of-home placements, and reduce the likelihood of abuse and neglect. An outcome based evaluation pilot study showed that respite may also reduce the likelihood of divorce and help sustain marriages.
Even though many families take great joy in providing care to their loved ones so that they can remain at home, the physical, emotional and financial consequences for the family caregiver can be overwhelming without some support, such as respite care. Respite provides a break for the family caregiver, which may prove beneficial to the health of the caregiver. 60% of family caregivers age 19-64 surveyed recently by the Commonwealth Fund reported fair or poor health, one or more chronic conditions, or a disability, compared with only 33% of non caregivers.